Sometimes a tree gets to a point where trimming and pruning it are no longer adequate and it no longer fits in with your garden or it becomes necessary to have it removed before it causes untold damage to your property or injures someone.
When Is It Time To Remove A Tree?
Some of the main causes for tree removal are
- The foliage of the tree has lost its visual appeal due to disease, or bugs destroying its limbs and leaves.
- Limbs, branches and leaves have grown too close to your buildings and are now blocking the sunlight from coming into your premises, and causing moisture build up on the walls and roof due to blocking the sun from them.
- The tree has been battered by a storm and sustained some structural damage. The tree could now cause damage to your property or injure someone with falling branches or it could completely fall over, causing even more serious damage.
- You are wanting to change the landscaped outlook of your garden and the old tree does not fit in with the aesthetics of your new look garden.
- The tree’s roots are starting to pose a threat to your property’s foundation or to the underground pipe work.
Felling The Tree Yourself
Sometime people who have a tree that they want removing attempt to remove the tree themselves or they use unqualified contractors. Tree removal is a complex and potentially dangerous job and should only be carried out by tree surgeons because:
- If the roots are not removed correctly then the tree can grow again.
- Old tree stumps which have not been removed correctly are not just an eyesore they are also potentially dangerous.
- Our tree surgeons know how to use the latest equipment to help them climb and access difficult areas.
- Using the wrong tools or techniques when dismantling a tree can cause untold damages to your property or even severely injure someone.
Regular pruning helps to improve the growth of a developing tree and it also corrects the shape of mature ones. Every cut that we make to a tree has a lasting effect, which can be good or bad. This is why a professional maintenance plan for your trees is a wise investment.
When you have a tree that cannot be saved, its has become infected or diseased, or it simply does not fit in with your plans for your garden then we offer very competitive prices for tree removal. Our staff are fully qualified and equipped to quickly and safely remove trees of any size. From your initial contact right the way through to the final clean-up, you can rely on us to provide you with the highest level of customer service in Leeds.
For more information on how we can help you call us today on 0113 3206787
Call A Local West Yorkshire Tree Surgeon Team
Trees are beautiful things, but just like the plants in your garden they need looking after or they can not only become unsightly but they can also become dangerous.
Do you know if one of your trees is ready to fall when the next storm blows through?
Unfortunately, this is a very real threat as falling trees or limbs can injure you, your children or your home. Tree removal is always a last resort, but you should regularly check your trees for any signs of disease, decay or structural problems that may give you concern.
As a professional West Yorkshire tree surgery company we are able to offer not only tree removal but a range of tree cutting services which will help with maintaining and enhancing the beauty of your landscaped garden. We do everything from tree felling, stump removal, hedge trimming, tree dismantling to giving you advice on the best practices for maintaining the health and beauty of your trees, soil maintenance tips, diagnose and treatment for any illness your tree might sustain and we can also advise you on the best pest control methods for your situation.
We also provide a 24 hour emergency tree surgeon service throughout the West Yorkshire area, for if your tree has fallen over or you are unsure of its condition after a storm. If you tree is still standing then one of our tree surgery team will first assess your tree for any splits in the trunk, cracked limbs or any other damage the storm my have caused. If we can make the tree safe by removing any broken or cracked limbs and repairing the trunk then we will do so. If we are unable to make it safe then our tree surgeon will plan for a safe tree felling and removal as quickly as possible.
So whether you are looking at tree felling and tree removal, having a few branches from your tree trimmed, want your tree checked for diseases or storm damage, a stump grinding down or removed or just some advise on how to best maintain your trees then call one of our West Yorkshire tree surgery team today on 0113 3206787
Areas Of West Yorkshire We Cover
- Tree Surgeon Prices West Yorkshire
- Tree Maintenance Leeds
- Tree Surgeon Prices Huddersfield
- Tree Maintenance Wakefield
- Tree Removal Service Bradford
- Tree Removal Cost Halifax
- Tree Stump Removal Keighley
- Tree Surgeon Prices Horsforth
- Tree Surgeon Cost Castleford
- Tree Removal Services Garforth
- Tree Surgeon Pudsey
- Tree Surgery Morley
- Tree Services Farsley
- Tree Root Removal Rothwell
- Residential Tree Surgeons Shipley
- What Is The Tree Stump Removal Cost Harehills
- How Much Does It Cost To Remove Tree Ilkley
For More information or to book an appointment with one of our West Yorkshire arborists call us today on 0113 3206787
Important Things To Consider When Planting Trees In Your Yard
Experts performing tree pruning and trimming services make it seem easy, but there is so much more to it than just cutting here and there. While some tasks can be done on your own using your pruners and saws, most of them are best left to the pros. According to the experts, the right pruning and trimming has to do with what portions to cut, how much, and when to do it.
The terms trimming and pruning are often interchangeably used to denote cutting trees, but for clarification, just remember trimming has to do with grooming. Pruning has to do with the tree's health, as well as the safety of people and structures near the tree.
People have tree pruning and trimming services for four general classifications, two of which have to do with trimming and the others related to pruning. The first, trimming or fine pruning, entails cutting to improve the tree's appearance. The second, standard pruning, involves more cutting to improve the tree's structure.
The third, safety pruning or hazard pruning, is one where branches are removed because of safety considerations. When branches hang too low causing any danger, those trees are pruned. The fourth, crown reduction, involves removing the branches on the tops or sides of trees. This is usually done to prevent trees from reaching utility lines or damaging roofs, and to allow air and sunlight to reach the inner branches.
Pruning the Right Way
Tree pruning and trimming services, when done by trained professionals, ensure that your trees are pruned correctly and efficiently. If you intend to do the pruning on your own, refrain from using climbing spurs, which can damage tree trunks and barks. See to it that the barks on the edges of the pruning cuts are still attached firmly. As for large, heavy branches, make sure to cut them in sections to prevent the bark from tearing or splitting. Remember to use ropes to lower the large branches do not throw them to the ground.
Pruning the Right Time
You can have tree pruning and trimming services at any time of the year these services depend on the kinds of trees you have. Flowering trees that bloom in spring can be trimmed or pruned right after they flowering. Those that bloom in summer have to be pruned in early spring. It is recommended to prune fruit-bearing trees during late winter to give them shape and allow sunlight to shine on the tree's center.
Hardwood trees or shrubs without flowers are best pruned in the dormant season, during late fall or winter. As for dead branches, these can be cut at any time of the year.
Tree Pruning and Trimming Services from the Experts
Cutting tree branches is not as simple as it appears. It is a risky situation that, without the proper tools and equipment, can lead to accidents. When doing the pruning and trimming yourself, make sure to fasten yourself to a tree using at least two secure points. Work with someone who will raise the cutting tools to you. Keep yourself protected with gloves, safety glasses, and a hard hat.
If everything else fails, do not fret there are always professionals who are willing and able to do tree pruning and trimming services for you.
For More information or to book an appointment with one of our West Yorkshire Tree Experts call us today on 0113 3206787
Important Things To Consider When Planting Trees In Your Yard
Trees are beautiful things, but there are lots of times a tree needs to be removed. Either the tree is dead, diseased or is simply in the way of whatever landscaping or building plans you've got in mind. There are a few ways to have a tree removed, but the safest, sanest way to do it is to have a professional tree removal service do the work. Not only are they professionals, but they have insurance in case something does go wrong. Fortunately, there is little chance of that happening with a professional company.
The first step in the process is to have them come out and give you an estimate on the cost. There are a few things you'll want to watch for when they give you an estimate to ensure they are a top tier company that will protect you while completing the job.
- The first part of the estimate will be limb removal. This will have to be done in most cases, especially if the tree that has to be removed is close to a structure.
- The next part is felling the tree. This can be as simple as a straight drop in a fairly open area, but it may actually involve cutting the tree down in sections and a crane may be needed to lower the pieces as they're cut. This technique is necessary when there's no way to drop the tree due to structures or power and phone lines.
- After that will be an estimate on stump removal. Most of the time this will be necessary if you're removing the tree as a function of building or landscaping. However, any stump can be unsightly and professional companies will use a grinder to cut it below the surface of the ground so you can cover it with topsoil or turf.
- Last will be disposal of the tree. This may be eliminated if you're using the tree for firewood and the mulch around your yard as landscaping material. However, professional companies have resources to have the tree recycled.
You'll also want to check and make sure they state they're insured. Even under the best of circumstances, things can happen and professional tree removal companies are well insured. When you've got to have a tree removed, take your time and find the company that has the equipment and credentials to take care of the job properly. You'll be glad you did.