When Is It Time To Remove A Tree?
Sometimes a tree gets to a point where trimming and pruning it are no longer adequate and it no longer fits in with your garden or it becomes necessary to have it removed before it causes untold damage to your property or injures someone. Some of the main causes for tree removal are
- The foliage of the tree has lost its visual appeal due to disease, or bugs destroying its limbs and leaves.
- Limbs, branches and leaves have grown too close to your buildings and are now blocking the sunlight from coming into your premises, and causing moisture build up on the walls and roof due to blocking the sun from them.
- The tree has been battered by a storm and sustained some structural damage. The tree could now cause damage to your property or injure someone with falling branches or it could completely fall over, causing even more serious damage.
- You are wanting to change the landscaped outlook of your garden and the old tree does not fit in with the aesthetics of your new look garden.
- The tree’s roots are starting to pose a threat to your property’s foundation or to the underground pipe work.
Felling The Tree Yourself
Sometime people who have a tree that they want removing attempt to remove the tree themselves or they use unqualified contractors. Tree removal is a complex and potentially dangerous job and should only be carried out by tree surgeons because:
- If the roots are not removed correctly then the tree can grow again.
- Old tree stumps which have not been removed correctly are not just an eyesore they are also potentially dangerous.
- Our tree surgeons know how to use the latest equipment to help them climb and access difficult areas.
- Using the wrong tools or techniques when dismantling a tree can cause untold damages to your property or even severely injure someone.
Regular pruning helps to improve the growth of a developing tree and it also corrects the shape of mature ones. Every cut that we make to a tree has a lasting effect, which can be good or bad. This is why a professional tree maintenance plan for your trees is a wise investment.
When you have a tree that cannot be saved, its has become infected or diseased, or it simply does not fit in with your plans for your garden then we offer very competitive prices for tree removal. Our staff are fully qualified and equipped to quickly and safely remove trees of any size. From your initial contact right the way through to the final clean-up, you can rely on us to provide you with he highest level of customer service in Yorkshire.
What Do Tree Surgeons Shipley Do?
Our tree surgery team can help you to handle all sorts of different things in addition to stump and root removal, tree pruning. They can also give you advice on how to take care of your trees and the plants around them in many ways. Here are a just a few of the different things that our tree service can do for your garden.
- Planting Trees
- Mulching Services
- Stump Grinding
- Tree Felling
- Tree Removal
- Tree Health Assessment
- Tree Planting Tips
- Tree Maintenance Guide
- Tree Health Problems
- Tree Pruning
- Tree Care Information
- Prune Fruit Trees
- Tree Maintenance Plan
- Stump Removal
Tree Felling And Tree Removal
Tree felling and tree removal is the main type of task that our Shipley tree surgeons are called upon to perform. If you have a dead or decaying tree or a tree that has been damaged in a storm then there is a danger that limbs may fall off or the entire tree may fall down. Limbs breaking off or the tree falling down could severely injure somebody or damage property and cars. We can safely remove the tree for you. Depending on the size of the tree and the area it is in we might be able to fell the tree in one piece or we might have to dismantle the tree and remove it in pieces. We will also remove the stump.
For more information on what our tree service Shipley can do for you feel free to get in touch with one of our team.
Tree Surgery FAQ
- How to burn out a stump?
- How to cut down a large tree?
- How to remove a large tree?
- How to remove a tree stump by hand?
- Tree surgeon vs arborist?
- What is the tree surgeon definition?
- What is a power stump grinder?
- How to remove a tree stump without a grinder?
- How to get rid of tree stumps quickly?
- How to trim a large tree?
- Do we use a tree stump removal chemical?
- What are the types of tree felling cuts?
- What are tree felling notches?
- What are some tree felling techniques?
- What is felling a tree against the lean?
- How to maintain trees?
- How to plant a potted tree?
- How to plant a tree seedling?
- Tree surgery techniques?
- What is an unhealthy tree?
- Planting trees benefits?
- How to plant a tree from seed?
- What do trees need to be healthy?
- How to prune tree branches?
- How to plant a tree in clay soil?
- How to keep trees healthy and strong?
- How to make a tree healthy again?
- How to fell a tree in the direction you want?
- How to get rid of unwanted trees?
- How to remove a small tree?
Shipley Postcodes We Cover
BD18 2AA, BD18 2AB, BD18 2AT, BD18 2AU, BD18 2AX, BD18 2AY, BD18 2AZ, BD18 2BA, BD18 2BB, BD18 2BD, BD18 2BH, BD18 2BJ, BD18 2BY, BD18 2JL, BD18 2LZ, BD18 2PR, BD18 2PS, BD18 2PT, BD18 3BP, BD18 3BS, BD18 3BT, BD18 3BU, BD18 3BW, BD18 3BX, BD18 3BY, BD18 3BZ, BD18 3DA, BD18 3DD, BD18 3DE, BD18 3DF, BD18 3DG, BD18 3DH, BD18 3DJ, BD18 3DL, BD18 3DN, BD18 3DP, BD18 3DQ, BD18 3DR, BD18 3DS, BD18 3DT, BD18 3DW, BD18 3DX, BD18 3DZ, BD18 3EA, BD18 3EB, BD18 3ED, BD18 3EE, BD18 3EF, BD18 3EG, BD18 3EH, BD18 3EJ, BD18 3EL, BD18 3EN, BD18 3EP, BD18 3EQ, BD18 3ER, BD18 3ET, BD18 3EU, BD18 3EW, BD18 3EY, BD18 3EZ, BD18 3HA, BD18 3HB, BD18 3HD, BD18 3HH, BD18 3HJ, BD18 3HL, BD18 3HN, BD18 3HP, BD18 3HQ, BD18 3HT, BD18 3HU, BD18 3HY, BD18 3HZ, BD18 3JB, BD18 3JE, BD18 3JF, BD18 3JG, BD18 3JH, BD18 3JJ, BD18 3JL, BD18 3JN, BD18 3JP, BD18 3JQ, BD18 3JR, BD18 3JS, BD18 3JT, BD18 3JU, BD18 3JW, BD18 3JX, BD18 3JY, BD18 3JZ, BD18 3LA, BD18 3LD, BD18 3LE, BD18 3LF, BD18 3LG, BD18 3LH, BD18 3LJ, BD18 3LL, BD18 3LN, BD18 3LP, BD18 3LQ, BD18 3LR, BD18 3LT, BD18 3LU, BD18 3LW, BD18 3LX, BD18 3LY, BD18 3LZ, BD18 3NA, BD18 3NB, BD18 3ND, BD18 3NE, BD18 3NH, BD18 3NJ, BD18 3NP, BD18 3NQ, BD18 3NR, BD18 3NS, BD18 3NT, BD18 3NU, BD18 3NX, BD18 3PH, BD18 3PJ, BD18 3PL, BD18 3PP, BD18 3PQ, BD18 3PR, BD18 3PS, BD18 3PU, BD18 3PW, BD18 3PY, BD18 3QA, BD18 3QB, BD18 3QD, BD18 3QH, BD18 3QJ, BD18 3QN, BD18 3QP, BD18 3QQ, BD18 3QS, BD18 3QT, BD18 3QU, BD18 3QW, BD18 3QX, BD18 3QY, BD18 3QZ, BD18 3RB, BD18 3RD, BD18 3RJ, BD18 3RL, BD18 3RN, BD18 3RP, BD18 3RR, BD18 3RW, BD18 3RY, BD18 3SA, BD18 3SB, BD18 3SD, BD18 3SL, BD18 3SN, BD18 3SP, BD18 3SR, BD18 3ST, BD18 3SX, BD18 3TA, BD18 3TB, BD18 3TH, BD18 3TJ, BD18 3TL, BD18 4AA, BD18 4AB, BD18 4AD, BD18 4AE, BD18 4AF, BD18 4AG, BD18 4AH, BD18 4AJ, BD18 4AL, BD18 4AN, BD18 4AP, BD18 4AQ, BD18 4AR, BD18 4AS, BD18 4AT, BD18 4AU, BD18 4AW, BD18 4AX, BD18 4AY, BD18 4AZ, BD18 4BA, BD18 4BB, BD18 4BD, BD18 4BE, BD18 4BG, BD18 4BH, BD18 4BJ, BD18 4BL, BD18 4BN, BD18 4BP, BD18 4BR, BD18 4BS, BD18 4BT, BD18 4BU, BD18 4BW, BD18 4BX, BD18 4BY, BD18 4DA, BD18 4DH, BD18 4DJ, BD18 4DL, BD18 4DN, BD18 4DP, BD18 4DQ, BD18 4DR, BD18 4DS, BD18 4DT, BD18 4DU, BD18 4DW, BD18 4DY, BD18 4DZ, BD18 4EA, BD18 4EB, BD18 4ED, BD18 4EE, BD18 4EH, BD18 4EJ, BD18 4EL, BD18 4EN, BD18 4EP, BD18 4EQ, BD18 4ER, BD18 4ES, BD18 4ET, BD18 4EU, BD18 4EW, BD18 4HA, BD18 4HB, BD18 4HD, BD18 4HE, BD18 4HF, BD18 4HH, BD18 4HJ, BD18 4HL, BD18 4HN, BD18 4HP, BD18 4HQ, BD18 4HR, BD18 4HS, BD18 4HT, BD18 4HU, BD18 4HW, BD18 4HX, BD18 4HY, BD18 4JA, BD18 4JH, BD18 4JJ, BD18 4JL, BD18 4JN, BD18 4JP, BD18 4JS, BD18 4JT, BD18 4JU, BD18 4JW, BD18 4JX, BD18 4JY, BD18 4JZ, BD18 4LA, BD18 4LB, BD18 4LD, BD18 4LE, BD18 4LF, BD18 4LG, BD18 4LH, BD18 4LJ, BD18 4LL, BD18 4LN, BD18 4LP, BD18 4LQ, BD18 4LR, BD18 4LS, BD18 4LT, BD18 4LU, BD18 4LX, BD18 4LY, BD18 4LZ, BD18 4NA, BD18 4NB, BD18 4ND, BD18 4NE, BD18 4NG, BD18 4NH, BD18 4NJ, BD18 4NL, BD18 4NN, BD18 4NP, BD18 4NQ, BD18 4NR, BD18 4NS, BD18 4NT, BD18 4NU, BD18 4NW, BD18 4NX, BD18 4PA, BD18 4PB, BD18 4PD, BD18 4PE, BD18 4PH, BD18 4PJ, BD18 4PL, BD18 4PN, BD18 4PP, BD18 4PQ, BD18 4PR, BD18 4PS, BD18 4PT, BD18 4PU, BD18 4PW, BD18 4PX, BD18 4PY, BD18 4PZ, BD18 4QA, BD18 4QB, BD18 4QD, BD18 4QH, BD18 4QN, BD18 4QP, BD18 4QR, BD18 4QS, BD18 4QT, BD18 4QU, BD18 4QX, BD18 4QY, BD18 4QZ, BD18 4RA, BD18 4RB, BD18 4RD, BD18 4RE, BD18 4RH, BD18 4RJ, BD18 4RL, BD18 4RN, BD18 4RP, BD18 4RR, BD18 4RS, BD18 4RU, BD18 4RW, BD18 4RX, BD18 4RZ, BD18 4SB, BD18 4SD, BD18 4SE, BD18 4SF, BD18 4SG, BD18 4SJ, BD18 4SL, BD18 4SN, BD18 4SP, BD18 4SQ, BD18 4SR, BD18 4SS, BD18 4SU, BD18 4SW, BD18 4SX, BD18 4TA,
For information on the other areas we serve visit our West Yorkshire Tree Surgeon page
Stump Grinding - DIY Vs. Hiring The Experts
Trees are beautiful things, but there are lots of times a tree needs to be removed. Either the tree is dead, diseased or is simply in the way of whatever landscaping or building plans you've got in mind. There are a few ways to have a tree removed, but the safest, sanest way to do it is to have a professional tree removal service do the work. Not only are they professionals, but they have insurance in case something does go wrong. Fortunately, there is little chance of that happening with a professional company.
The first step in the process is to have them come out and give you an estimate on the cost. There are a few things you'll want to watch for when they give you an estimate to ensure they are a top tier company that will protect you while completing the job.
- The first part of the estimate will be limb removal. This will have to be done in most cases, especially if the tree that has to be removed is close to a structure.
- The next part is felling the tree. This can be as simple as a straight drop in a fairly open area, but it may actually involve cutting the tree down in sections and a crane may be needed to lower the pieces as they're cut. This technique is necessary when there's no way to drop the tree due to structures or power and phone lines.
- After that will be an estimate on stump removal. Most of the time this will be necessary if you're removing the tree as a function of building or landscaping. However, any stump can be unsightly and professional companies will use a grinder to cut it below the surface of the ground so you can cover it with topsoil or turf.
- Last will be disposal of the tree. This may be eliminated if you're using the tree for firewood and the mulch around your yard as landscaping material. However, professional companies have resources to have the tree recycled.
You'll also want to check and make sure they state they're insured. Even under the best of circumstances, things can happen and professional tree removal companies are well insured. When you've got to have a tree removed, take your time and find the company that has the equipment and credentials to take care of the job properly. You'll be glad you did.
For More information or to book an appointment with one of our Shipley arborists call us today.
Actual Estimates on Tree and Stump Removal Cost
Everyone loves the "tropical" feel of a palm tree. A palm tree is one of the most recognized tropical trees. A tropical tree is very different in structure from a Northern tree. A tropical tree is usually long and skinny. Most tropical trees have green leaves that seem to hang from the tree much like a person's hair. If you are landscaping your yard nothing give s a "tropical" feel like a palm tree. Many beginners are bewildered about the proper care and maintenance that a palm tree requires. What type of tropical tree should you choose?
The above question can be answered in three separate parts. One of the factors you must consider is that palm trees cold hardiness, sunlight and height requirements. For example if you live in a very cold part of the country you would not be able to plant a tropical tree outdoors because the tree would not receive enough sunlight or warm temperatures. The cold will eventually kill the tropical tree. If you live in a colder environment you may want to consider investing in a tropical tree that can be grown indoors.
There are several different types of palm trees. Some of the most popular types of palm trees are lady palm trees, Puerto Rican thatch palm trees and silver saw palmetto palm trees. Each of these types of palm trees has palmate leaves. A palmate leaf has lobes that fan out from one common point. The structure of the palmate leaf resembles an open hand. The leaves radiate from the Palm so to speak.
The other types of palm trees that are found in a tropical climate have pinnate leaves. The types of palm trees with pinnate leaves are mountain cabbage palm trees, queen palm trees and date palm trees. Now, there are certain tropical trees that can be kept indoors. Indoor tropical trees include the bamboo tree, lady palm tree and the Kentia tree.
A tropical tree tends to conjure images in ones head of sunny, bright blue skies, warm temperatures and a sandy beach. When one thinks of paradise an image of a tropical tree may appear. This is a false statement though. There are tropical trees that can grow beautifully under sunny skies or partial to full shade.
A taller tropical tree tends to be a sun lover while a shorter tropical tree can grow in the shade. If you want to plant both types of tropical trees in your backyard you may want to plant a taller tropical tree next to a shorter tropical tree. This way the taller tropical tree will provide adequate shade for the shorter tree.
A tropical tree is a symbol that we all recognize. Many of us who have fond memories of the Pacific Ocean remember the tall, skinny tropical trees that dotted the landscape. A tropical tree is a remembrance of warm weather, fun in the sun and a hint of paradise. A tropical tree is a great landscaping idea, outdoors and indoors, no matter where you live. Bring paradise to your home even in the winter months.